Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spanish Potato Frittata For Dinner Tonight!

Right now I'm wishing I were in Barcelona sitting outside at Nirvana (my favorite beach restaurant) on one of their cozy futons eating a potato frittata and drinking a mint green tea.  Dreaming is one of the best things I can do on an overcast day like this!  So, because I'm in the mood...I've put on some Chambao (an awesome group from Malaga) and have pulled out my frittata pan!  Viva Espana and viva this dish!

Side Note:

There's a fantastic thing that I like to use when making my potato frittatas...EGGS.  However, because we can not have meat during Lent I have moved to using a lovely little vegan egg substitute from Whole Foods to bind my frittata together.  There is absolutely NO meat in this egg substitute...however, if you're picky..you can use a soft tofu as a potato adhesive for this dish.  Also, for the potatoes..I use small golden potatoes because they are sweeter and less acidic than other potatoes. :)

Here's What Ya Need:

Small Golden Potatoes (thin slices-1/4 inch) * Egg Substitute
Red/Yellow Bell Peppers * Green Onion (chopped)
Tomatoes (diced) * Spinach Leaves * Olives
Zucchini * Olive Oil * Garlic (chopped) * Oregano

(Preheat oven to 350 degrees)

Here's What Ya Do:
1.  Take saute/frittata pan (oven friendly).
2.  Olive oil pan and place on low heat.
3.  Add onion, garlic, and bell pepper and saute until tender.
4.  Add the potatoes and saute until they start to get soft.
5.  Add zucchini, tomatoes, spinach and continue to saute and stir.
6.  Add pepper and oregano.
7.  Once everything is very tender add the egg substitute.
8.  You need to pour the egg substitute (or tofu) over the top
      and make sure that it binds the veggies together.
9.  Add more tomatoes and olives on top for decoration.
10.  Continue to cook for about 2 minutes until everything starts to set.
11.  Take the pan and put it in the oven for about 3-5 minutes or
       until the top begins to brown.
12.  Remove from oven, place on a beautiful plate and enjoy!


This is another fast dish and easy to prepare.  You can serve it with a side salad and crusty bread!  I hope you enjoy this around your dinner table tonight! :) - Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment