Friday, March 11, 2011

Greek School Night!

Okay, so Diego has Greek School tonight (ο Ντιεγκο εχει σκολειο ελληνικα αποψε!) and we also have Salutations to the Theotokos.  This means that I am cooking something fast, easy and still remain faithful to my fast.  I will prepare everything in advance so I can just heat up each plate when I get home.


What You Will Need

12 Large Shrimp (pre-cooked is fine)
Whole Wheat Pasta (Your preference.  I'm making capellini.)
Asparagus Tips
Oregano finely chopped (optional)
1 Stick of Butter
1/2 a Lemon
Capers
Pepper to taste


How to Fix It Up

Pasta:
1.  Boil Water with 1 tsp. of salt
2.  Don't put the pasta in UNTIL it's boiling (Despina, that's for you!)
3.  Cook for 10-12 minutes.
4.  Cook until al dente.
5.  Remove pasta and drain pan.
6.  Empty pasta into saute pan of other ingredients.

Shrimp:
1.  Oil or butter (if you're not fasting from them) a very large saute pan.
2.  Place shrimp in pan at medium heat.
3.  Add asparagus tips and continue to saute.
4.  When the shrimp is pink add Pepper, Capers, and Oregano.
5.  Continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
6.  Add the stick of butter and juice from 1/2 of the lemon.

How to Mix:
1.  Put the heated pasta into the large saute pan.
2.  Stir ingredients together with a large tong.
3.  Move into a large pasta dish and serve!


I know this is such an easy meal to make.  Friday's are super busy days for us and I always either eat out or we make it home by 8 p.m. and have a late dinner.  The great thing about my meals are that they are easy to reheat and use as left overs when you're in a pinch!  So, if we don't end up eating it tonight..you know what we'll be having for lunch tomorrow!

Have a great Friday and enjoy your dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment