Monday, March 21, 2011

Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Tomato & Asparagus Salad!

Monday Night Dinner For THREE Please!

The weather is so nice outside that it's a shame to waste it cooking indoors!  This is a great time to pull out the grill..YES! EVEN THOUGH WE CAN'T HAVE MEAT!  I'm going to be grilling up a quick portobello mushroom that is so meaty you won't be wishing you had a steak!  My tomato and asparagus salad is a perfect for the weather..light with full of flavor.  This has to be a fast meal because I have to coach my soccer team today..so, I hope you chopped your vegetables and organized them in your fridge...because it's time to grab them and turn on the grill!

(First, prepare the grill on medium-high heat and oil the grill..also, remember..I cook for 3 people so you choose how much you need for your family!)

Here's What Ya Need:

3 Large Portabello Mushrooms (stemmed) * 3 Medium-sized tomatoes (cut into chunks)
Fresh Basil (chopped) * Asparagus Tips (1 Cup) * Garlic (minced or finely chopped)
Pepper (to taste) * Olive Oil (enough for mushrooms, dressing, and pan)


Here's How Ya Do It:

Portobello's:
1.  Drizzle olive oil over mushrooms.
2.  Throw some pepper on them (salt optional).
3.  Put them on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side.

Tomato & Asparagus:
1.  Mix 3 tsp of olive oil, garlic and pepper in a bowl. (salt optional)
2.  Add tomatoes, asparagus and basil.
3.  Coat everything really well.

Here's How Ya Plate It:
1.  Take a large spoonful of tomato & asparagus salad.
2.  Put in center of the plate.
3.  Add Grilled Mushroom on the side of the salad.
4.  Drizzle Olive on top of everything and add more Basil.
5.  Serve and enjoy!

I'm going to look forward to coming home to this light but fantastic dish after coaching Diego's soccer team tonight!  It's quick to prepare (less than 15 minutes for me) and easy clean-up too. I hope you enjoy this with your family during this Lenten season.  I know I'll have plenty to be thankful for during my prayers this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment