Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Shrimp Bruschetta and Arugula & Spinach Salad!

It's really important to make sure that you're getting enough iron and vitamins when you're fasting.  I am a super-low iron girl..which make fasting from red meat hard because I quickly become anemic.  In order to not start getting headaches and passing out...I have to incorporate more iron-rich vegetables like KALE and SPINACH into my system.  This salad is like MANA to my body.  I hope you like it. :)

I have left-overs from last night's shrimp taco's.  So what better use than to use them as a light meal?  I will be using the "Shrimp Mix" from yesterday (see yesterday's recipe) as a topping over sliced toasted italian bread and making a light arugula and spinach salad on the side.

Here's What Ya Need:

Spinach * Arugula * Seedless Tangerines/Clementines (Peeled)
Tangerine Zest * Sliced Onions (optional) * Vinegar * Olive Oil
Lemon Juice (1 lemon) * Your Freshest Herb (for me, oregano today)
Italian Bread Loaf * (see yesterday for shrimp recipe and what you will need)

How To Make It:

Arugula & Spinach Salad
1.  Make sure you wash your spinach and arugula very well and dry.
2.  Mix both in a large salad bowl.
3.  Add clementine wedges.
4.  Dressing:  Mix 4 tablespoons of vinegar to 8 tablespoons of oil.
     Add herbs and lemon juice.
5.  Mix dressing into salad. MIX WELL!
6.  Add sliced onions on top.
7.  Add Tangerine/Clementine zest over salad.
8.  Serve!  (Toasted almonds are a great thing to add on top of this salad for extra vitamins!)

Shrimp Bruschetta
1.  Take sliced Italian bread and drizzle olive oil on top.
2.  Take shrimp mix left-overs and place on top.
3.  Place in 350 degree oven for about 5-8 minutes until toasted.
4.  Serve!

It's a very SPRING dish that I'm sure you're going to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment