Monday, April 11, 2011

Quiero Comer Comida Mexicano!

I'm really feelin' Mexican food today.   I know that you think all Mexican food starts with beef and cheese...but I'm going to show you how to make a fantastic TACO SOUP that doesn't have either.  This is one of my favorite meals because it has so many rich flavors.  It has tons of protein and vitamins because of the various types of legumes.

Here's What Ya Need:

Kidney Beans (1) * White Beans (1) * Black Beans (1)
Corn (2 drained) * Peas (2 drained) * Stewed diced Tomatoes (1)
Red Bell Pepper (chopped) * Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
Serrano Pepper (diced no seeds) * Cilantro (chopped)
Ground Cumin (1 tsp.) * Pepper (Salt Optional)
Paprika (a dash at the end)

Here's What Ya Do:
1.  Get a large soup pot.  Put on medium-high heat.
2.  Throw in all of the cans of beans, corn, peas and tomatoes.
3.  Heat for about 5 minutes.  Stir.
4.  Put in all of the rest of the ingredients except the paprika.
5.  Stir and heat for another 10 minutes.
6.  Pour into a soup tureen.
7.  Splash a dash of paprika with extra cilantro on top!

I serve this dish with tortilla strips and a side of guacamole.

I can't wait for dinner after coaching soccer tonight.  I have one of the Dynamo's soccer players coming to help me train my team this afternoon so this hearty meal will be great after an 1 1/2 of training!  Say your prayers and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment